- Individual research responsibilities
- Define technical solution to meet process engineer’s specifications.
- Design, construct and test the electronics of the deposition machines and, at a later stage, the diagnostics for film characterization and magnet testing.
- Program industrial PLCs & HMIs.
- Select control automation sensors, devices and components. Define and select electronic systems and instrumentation integration.
- Wire instruments (power supplies, vacuum pumps etc.).
- Develop new algorithms to control the machines’ control systems.
- System troubleshooting.
- Responsibilities as a team member
- Integrate the electronic part with all other parts of the film-deposition machines.
- Maintain the electric and electronic hardware of the deposition and characterization machines.
- Work closely with the rest of the HTS team, especially the software engineer.
- Write and update high-quality documentation of electric and electronic systems and components.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in electric, electronic or mechatronic engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in engineering control and electronic complex systems.
- Experience with Labview, Python and Matlab Simulink.
- Experience in programming PLCs, HMIS, GPIB ports, serial communication, Arduino boards etc.
- Written and oral communication skills. Ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability and drive to engage with a team of scientists and engineers, understand complex descriptions and needs, and ability to translate them into technical requirements and “on time, on budget, on specs” designs.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Previous experience in the semiconductor and/or superconductor industry.
- Previous experience in designing physical and/or chemical deposition machines.