- Individual research responsibilities
- Define technical solutions to meet the process engineers’ specifications
- Design, construct and test software of the deposition machines and, at a later stage, the diagnostics for film characterization and magnet testing.
- Develop new algorithms for the machines control systems.
- Program industrial PLCs & HMIs.
- Write functional specifications.
- Verify the compliance of the software with machine and part specifications.
- Maintain the software of the deposition machines and the HTS characterization machines.
- System troubleshooting.
- Responsibilities as a team member
- Analyze the deposition functional needs.
- Provide high-quality documentation of the software.
- Integrate the software with all the other parts of the deposition machines.
- Train users and write operation manuals.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in electrical and computer engineering, or industrial and systems engineering, or mechatronics, or computer science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering of complex industrial systems.
- Experience with Labview, Python and Matlab Simulink.
- Experience in programming PLCs, HMIS, GPIB ports, serial communication, Arduino boards etc.
- Written and oral communication skills. Ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability and drive to engage with a team of scientists and engineers, understand complex descriptions and needs, and ability to translate them into technical requirements and “on time, on budget, on specs” designs.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and will to learn.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Previous experience in the semiconductor and/or superconductor industry.
- Previous experience in designing physical and/or chemical deposition machines.