The role is the management of the design, research and development (R&D) and procurement activities of spectroscopy diagnostics and experimental data analysis. To assist in the design and maintenance of other plasma diagnostic systems. Design, operation and exploration of spectroscopy instrumentation operating in a wide range of wavelengths (near-IR, visible, UV, VUV< X-ray). The candidate will assure that the spectroscopy design is completed to meet the functional, safety and quality requirements as specified by the project.
· Take responsibility for the R&D, specification, procurement, installation, commission and maintenance of assigned diagnostic systems
· Manage the contracts and resources allocated to spectroscopic diagnostics
· Assist in the design and interfaces to data acquisition and other systems
· Work in close collaboration with the design office through the design phase, leading jointly to procurement and installation
· May be requested to be part of any of the project’s teams dealing with any of the activities above and perform other duties upon management requests
· Interacts regularly with others in the Diagnostics areas
· Acts as primary point of contact for plasma spectroscopy
· Take responsibility for regular calibration and updates of the calibration data for other systems such as data acquision and plasma control systems
· Perform analysis of the experimental data delivered by diagnostics
How to apply
Please submit your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com .
Tokamak Energy has unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and does not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world’s energy production – it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long-term nuclear waste or carbon emissions). Tokamak Energy aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company’s innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click and Reuters news channel and the company received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum on 2016. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team and to tackle the challenge of a lifetime.