The Project Management Office (PMO) supports the Programme Manager in the overall project management control of the EUROfusion programme. The PMO supports all EUROfusion Work Packages offering assistance and tools, providing common standards and guidelines to all Project Leaders/Task Force Leaders and the Project Support Offices (PSO) in the Lead Beneficiaries, and coordinates the communication across Work Packages.
Responsibilities: The post holder(s) will be part of the Project Management Office team and will support all EUROfusion Work Packages. The Project Management Office will be responsible for:
- Developing project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework to support all project teams and stakeholders;
- Consulting with Project Leaders and Project Support Officers to attain schedule information;
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective integrated scheduling management system;
- Monitoring projects’ schedules at the programme level with focus on deliverables deadlines, milestones and projects dependencies;
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timely manner making sure all project dependencies are considered;
- Reporting on projects’ performance matters e.g. maintaining Key Performance Indicators;
- Maintaining project documentation in the Document Management system (IDM);
- Developing and providing training to the project teams on good project management and scheduling principles.
- Ensuring communication across projects, in particular with the Project Support Officers in the Beneficiaries;
There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities. You will not be assigned duties which you cannot reasonably perform, or which are outside the range of your normal skills and experience.
The EUROfusion secondment will ideally run until the end of the Horizon Europe framework period (31 December 2027), but the actual labour contract might be subject to the rules, regulations and conditions of the Beneficiary that employs the applicant.