Fusion HPC Workshop 2020
Join the 1st Spanish Fusion HPC Workshop as an online event with zoom at Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain on 27 November 2020. The workshop covers all computer applications using High Performance Supercomputing (HPC) in the field of fusion research. They include, but are not limited to, numerical simulations in the following areas:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fuelling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
The workshop is organized under the auspices of the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES). The language of the workshop will be in English and it will be open to all.
The programme will include of three plenary talks:
- Alberto Loarte (ITER Organization) Modelling needs to support the ITER Research Plan and role of HPC
- Susana Clement (F4E) Role of HPC in Broader Approach Activities in Fusion
- Xavier Litaudon (EUROfusion) EUROfusion E-TASC Programme and HPC role within it
There will also be invited and contributed orals. The abstract submission for invited talks and contributed orals opens on 17 July 2020 and closes on 15 September 2020.
Selected presentations will be invited, by mutual agreement, to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (IOP).
Visit the workshop website for more details and the abstract submission procedure.