The GEN IV course is particularly designed for professionals, engineers, researchers and students with an interest in a global view of the 4th generation of nuclear reactor as well as the scientists already involved in GEN IV activities.
- The course covers the 6 systems selected by GIF (SFR, LFR, GFR, VHTR, SCWR, MSR) and addresses cross-cutting aspects (safety, materials and fuels, energy conversion, nuclear fuel cycle).
- Focus on Gen IV demos and prototypes (ASTRID, ALFRED, ALLEGRO, HTR-PM).
- Acquire a general view of GIF (Generation IV International Forum) objectives and organization.
- Explain the rationale for the development of a 4 th generation of nuclear reactors.
- Describe the main characteristics of each system, and formulate their design, performance and safety characteristics.
- Discuss the technical challenges they are faced with for practical development.
- Professionals, engineers, researchers and students with an interest in a global view of the 4th generation of nuclear reactors.
- Scientists already involved in Gen IV systems activities or planning to work in such areas.
For details, please consult the digital program folder.