Thanks to its thorough experience in the field of nuclear science and technology, its innovative research and the availability of large and unique nuclear installations, SCK CEN is not only a renowned nuclear research institution, but also an important partner for nuclear education and training in Belgium as well as at international level.
Within the SCK CEN Academy, more than 60 years of nuclear expertise and experience gained from our different research projects is collected and transferred. In the interests of maintaining a competent workforce in industry, healthcare, research, and policy, and of transferring nuclear knowledge to the next generations, the SCK CEN Academy takes it as its mission to:
- provide guidance for young researchers
- organise academic courses and customised training for professionals
- offer policy support with regard to education and training matters
- care for critical-intellectual capacities for society.
For more information: http://academy.sckcen.be/en
SCK CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
In the course of our work, there are three main research topics:
· The safety of nuclear installations
· The well-considered management of radioactive waste
· Human and environmental protection against ionising radiation
SCK CEN collaborates with numerous research partners both at home and abroad. The work performed by SCK CEN has a direct effect upon various aspects of our daily life. Besides our work as a research centre, we also organise training courses and offer specialist services including consultancy.