The University of Tuscia in Viterbo, Italy, has opened applications for 8 PhD positions up until 26 August, 2022. Of those four positions there are two in Plasma Physics and two Fusion Technology. The subjects are as follows:
- Topic: High-efficiency power supply systems for High Temperature Superconducting Magnets for nuclear fusion experimental applications; co-funded by ENI
- Topic: Synthetic Diagnostics for Characterization and Full Structural Monitoring of Experimental Magnetic Fusion Devices Using a ML Approach; co-funded by ENI
- Topic: Stellarator applications of generative design and topological optimization; co-funded by Renaissance Fusion
- Topic: Retrofitting of coal or fission power-plants into fusion power-plants, and possible co-generation of heat and hydrogen; co-funded by Renaissance Fusion
- Topic: Multiphysics and multicode approach for the evaluation of Vertical Displacement Events related loads to support the design of the DTT vacuum vessel and in-vessel components; co-funded by SAMIC Spa
- Topic: Fusion energy plants mechanics: meta-materials, co-funded by Belleli SpA
- Topic: Fusion energy plants mechanics: weldings; co-funded by Walter Tosto SpA
- Topic: Resistive Pedestal stability analysis and correlation with separatrix properties in view of DTT; co-funded by DTT Scarl
Students will spend 18 months in Viterbo and Frascati (ENEA) in Italy, and 18 months abroad (mainly CEA and IPP). The call is open for any European student that meets the requirements.
Details on the call (from requirements to application) can be found here, or in the pdf; Info on the department's PhD program.
For contact, please refer to Dr. Giuseppe Calabrò (email@example.com)