One of 13 positions offered by the University of Granada aimed at university graduates and doctoral degree holders to carry out a research, training and mobility programme at international research centres and laboratories related to the IFMIF-DONES project
- To support LIPAc Unit Leader on all technical aspects of the accelerator.
- To manage operation team resources to implement experimental programme,
- To coordinate the daily operation by defining daily operation schedule, reporting on the progress, and liaising with the maintenance leader to organize maintenance plans/interventions,
- To participate to the beam commissioning and the operation of the LIPAc, including the operation of the main sub-systems (ion source, RFQ, MEBT, HEBT, superconducting linac, and associated diagnostics).
- To write and to get approved procedures to perform experimental tasks and ensure their safe and efficient execution. -To ensure regular maintenance and instant repair work on equipment of accelerator systems.
LIPAc, the Linear IFMIF Prototype Accelerator, is an accelerator using superconducting linac presently under installation and commissioning in Rokkasho Fusion Research Institute in Japan in the framework of the IFMIF/EVEDA project. The goal of the IFMIF/EVEDA project is to validate the technological concept of a Li(d,n) fusion relevant neutron source for materials testing. It is being implemented under the Broader Approach Agreement between Japan and EURATOM in the field of Fusion Energy Research running until December 2019. LIPAc aims at running a deuterons beam of 9 MeV at 125 mA in Continuous Wave mode; this performance will break through present accelerator technologies frontiers. LIPAc will validate the technological concept of the 40 MeV accelerator of IFMIFDONES. We are looking for people interested to join the Integrated LIPAc Unit in Rokkasho to reinforce the international team in accelerator technologies and to support the team onsite technically, ensuring the safe and efficient execution of the experimental campaigns.