One of 13 positions offered by the University of Granada aimed at university graduates and doctoral degree holders to carry out a research, training and mobility programme at international research centres and laboratories related to the IFMIF-DONES project.
The maintenance activity of DONES components and systems is very a demanding task
to be addressed to satisfy one of the main requirements of DONES plant availability
that is of 70%. Due to the harsh environment maintenance will be performed by using
remote handling (RH) techniques.
The development of the maintenance processes in the RH filed covers several aspects,
among these there are:
• Development of the maintenance procedures, operations and their
• Design of RH equipment and tooling.
• Development of R&D program for the engineering and experimental validation tests of the RH operations on DONES systems and components.
In the near future, the validation of the main RH maintenance operations to be performed in the most critical area of the DONES, which is the Test Cell (TC), is planned. This area hosts the Target assembly (TA) and the High Flux Test Module (HFTM) that are the mostly exposed components to the neutron flux and then requiring regular preventive maintenance. Almost all these maintenance validation activities will be performed in the DRP facility at ENEA Brasimone (It).
The candidate will be required to prepare an R&D program for the engineering and experimental activities for the validation/qualification of the maintenance operations to be performed on the TC components.
The activity will include the following topics:
• Definition of the R&D program with the objective of a fully test and qualification of the maintenance operations for the TC components, on the basis of international standards and rules.
• Planning of the experimental program, including evaluation/optimization of
the resources needed.
• Studying the configuration of the DRP facility and, if required, propose the
upgrading of the equipment/tooling and of the layout modification of the
• Preparation and follow up of the execution of the experimental test
• Reporting and post data analyses.
The candidate will work in tight collaboration with an international team (DONES
project) and with researchers from ENEA, Italian Universities and industries.