The FuseNet Association coordinates and supports the organisation of an annual PhD event - the FuseNet PhD event - with the aim to enhance the bonds within the group of PhD students working in the field of Fusion Science and Engineering and registered at a European university.
The events provide an opportunity for European PhD students to discuss their work with each other and with researchers from the international fusion community, and it gives them the opportunity to make useful contacts for their professional career.
Started within the framework of the FuseNet project, FuseNet has now supported six successful editions of its PhD Event.
Click on the links below for an impression of previous editions:
- 2011 - FuseNet PhD Event 1 in München, Germany, hosted by IPP Garching
- 2012 - FuseNet PhD Event 2 in Pont-à-Mousson, France, hosted by University of Lorraine
- 2013 - FuseNet PhD Event 3 in York, United Kingdom, hosted by University of York
- 2014 - FuseNet PhD Event 4 in Lisbon, Portugal, hosted by IST / University of Lisbon
- 2015 - FuseNet PhD Event 5 in Prague, Czech Republic, hosted by the Czech Technical University in Prague
- 2018 - FuseNet PhD Event 6 in Cadarache, France, hosted by the ITER Organisation
- 2020 - FuseNet PhD Event "The Virtualternative" (due to COVID-19, from home)
- 2021 - (tentative) FuseNet PhD Event in Padova, hosted by University of Padova & Consorzio RFX